As a developing country, we have limited resources. We must manage our available resources wisely, minimize waste, and ensure that all our resources are directed at improving the wellbeing of the people, and in fulfilling our national vision. The civil service is tasked with the oversight, management, administration, and disbursement of funds for governance. So the responsibility falls squarely on the shoulders of our civil servants to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in utilizing our scarce resources.
His Majesty Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, National Day Address, December 17, 2018
WHAT IS eDATS?
RESPONSIBILITIES OF USERS
- Mandatory one time registration using his/her CID number/Work Permit number/Special Resident Permit number.
- Should have valid e-mail ID.
- Process Travel Authorization based on travel order issued by the competent authority.
SCOPEApplicable to all the government budgetary bodies for in-country travel.
USERSAll Public Servants whose daily allowance and travel payments are disbursed through e-PEMS.
- Reduce Turnaround Time (TAT) in processing travel claims.
- Uniformity in application of rates and travel distance.
- Eliminate double claims/payment.
- Minimize risks of fraud, corruption and rent seeking opportunities.
- Real-time reports for monitoring and decision making.
- Support the overall Government initiative of digitalization.
Contact InformationDepartment of Public Accounts
Ministry of Finance